1. Preheat the oven to 250 F
2. Spray two (15x10x1-inch) baking pans with nonstick coating spray.
3. Separate eggs and in a large bowl whisk egg whites.
4. Add 1/2 a cup of champagne or ginger ale, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, sugar and pecan halves.
5. Now fold this together until the nuts are evenly coated.
6. Spread the mixture out onto the baking pans.
7. Bake at 250 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until the coating is absorbed and the pecans appear dry, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
8. Separate the pecans into a single layer with two forks.
9. When they are cooled store at room temperature in an airtight container.