1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Lightly spray an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
3. To a food processor insert a metal blade and pulse to coarsely chop pecan halves, and then add cranberries and continue to pulse.
4. Now to a stand up mixer add butter, sugar, zest from an orange, eggs and vanilla.
5. Now to a seprate bowl add flour, baking powder and salt.
6. Add this flour mixture to the stand up mixer in 3 additions.
7. Add buttermilk in 2 additions.
8. Now fold the cranberry and pecan mixture into the batter.
9. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
10. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55 to 60 minutes.
11. Cool in pan on a wire rack.