1. Before you get started, freeze the freezer bowl for at least 1 hour. For best results, do this the night before.
2. In a heavy saucepan, scald light cream.
3. Separate 6 eggs and in a medium bowl whisk the yolk with sugar and vanilla.
4. Gradually whisk in the cream.
5. Add pumpkin pie spice into the yoke, sugar, and vanilla mixture.
6. Stir over medium heat for about 10 minutes, but do not boil.
7. Now whisk in heavy cream and canned pumpkin meat.
8. Pass the mixture through a coarse strainer into a bowl to remove any cooked egg pieces.
9. Refrigerate until well chilled.
10. Now add the freezer bowl and dasher to the mixer and turn to speed 1. Pour in the chilled mixture and churn for about 15-20 minutes until it is at the desired consistency. Transfer the ice cream to serving dishes or freeze in an airtight container.