1. Start by seasoning the meat with salt and pepper.
2. Dredge the veal shanks in the flour.
3. Assemble a coarse grinding plate to a mixer and grind celery, carrots, onion and garlic.
4. Heat a Dutch oven generously with Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil and brown the meat.
5. Then remove the meat and reserve it.
6. To the same pot add 1/2 a stick of butter.
7. Add all the shredded vegetables with white wine and saute and return the meat to the pan.
8. Add Italian tomatoes with its juice and mash with your hands or the back of a wooden spoon.
9. Add basil, thyme, bay leaves a sprig of parsley and cover.
10. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
11. Then bake in a 350 F oven for 2 hours or so until the meat is tender.