The basic Hollandaise Sauce:
1. In a small sauce pan heat butter to a bubble, but don’t brown it.
2. In a blender, add egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper.
3. While blending at high speed, gradually add the hot butter.
4. Blend for about 15 seconds or until the sauce has thickened and is smooth.
That is your basic blender hollandaise sauce.
To make the béarnaise component:
4. In a skillet simmer shallots, tarragon, peppercorns, salt and vinegar.
5. Cook until the liquid has been reduced by 2/3.
6. Add this mix to the hollandaise, cover, and blend on high for about 4 seconds.