1. Add 1 part vinegar into 3 parts oil slowly as you whisk, until it emulsifies into a smooth sauce.
2. Then season with salt and pepper.
3. Add 1 tbs. of Dijon mustard to the white wine vinegar before whisking with the extra virgin olive oil.
4. Add olive oil and other seasonings, such as minced shallots into balsamic vinegar.
Fresh Herb Vinaigrette
5. In a blender add: 1/3 cup of white wine vinegar; a pinch of salt and pepper; a sprig or two of fresh rosemary; a few fresh basil leaves or any fresh herbs that you like; and 2 cloves of garlic.
6. Blend for 10 to 15 seconds until all the herbs and garlic are finely minced.
7. Now gradually add 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil and continue blending for 10 to 15 seconds or until everything is mixed well.