1. Add wild rice to a sauce pot with about 4 ½ cups of water, and cover.
2. Bring the rice to a boil and then simmer for about 40 minutes according to the package directions.
3. While the rice is cooking, slice carrots into ½ inch rounds and then simmer for about 5-7 minutes until they are tender.
4. In a large bowl combine raisins, pecans, the zest and juice from an orange, chopped parsley, melted butter and salt and pepper, to taste.
5. To the large bowl combine the wild rice and carrots. Mix.