1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. Clean a pumpkin by de-seeding, peeling the skin and then dicing into chunks.
3. Cut potatoes, unpeeled, into chunks.
4. Cut onions, into wedges, leave the root end intact so the wedge stays together when cooked.
5. Peel turnips and cut into wedges.
6. Prepare beets, peeled and cut into chunks. Protect your hands and cutting board as best you can as beets will bleed and stain just about everything that they touch.
7. Now spread the vegetables on a roasting pan.
8. Place the beets separately from the other vegetable on parchment paper so they don’t stain the other vegetables.
9. Combine garlic, cumin seed, extra virgin oil, lemon juice, brown sugar and pepper.
10. Pour this mixture on the vegetables and toss to coat evenly.
11. Season everything with salt.
12. Bake at 400 F for 25 - 35 minutes or until tender and golden brown.