1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Cook sweet potatoes, peel and place in a mixer bowl with a flat paddle attachment.
3. Turn to speed 2 and add milk, sugar, eggs, butter, nutmeg, and cinnamon
Continue to mix for 1 minute.
4. Spread the mixture in a greased casserole dish.
To prepare the crunchy praline topping:
5. In a bowl, add melted butter, cornflakes cereal, chopped walnuts or pecans and brown sugar. Mix.
6. Spread topping over the sweet potatoes.
7. Bake covered with aluminum foil for about 20 minutes.
8. Remove the foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking to ensure a crunchy top.